
On Tuesday, January 27 my friend Erica invited me to play volleyball with a group of people from our ward. I, of course said yes. I've been wanting to play volleyball for a couple of months so I didn't want to turn her down even though i had a bad feeling about going. I should have listened to the Holy Ghost. So we started playing the first game and we were having so much fun and it was pretty intense to. Then I jumped in the air to spike the ball which i did but my feet went in front of me and i was going down fast so i tried to stop the fall with my hand which i kind of did but I landed on my butt hard. i was so embarrassed that i got up real fast and tried to shack it off. then i realized my left arm was limp and it hurt, but i was having so much fun i kept on playing the 2nd , 3rd , and the 4th game. But by the fourth game my arm was throbbing and every time i hit the ball i wanted to scream out loud it hurt so bad. so i went home early. when i got home i told Chris that i twisted my arm real bad. he asked me what i felt when i tried to move it around. i told him a real sharp pain. He told me that i broke my arm and i laughed. i didn't want to believe him but toward the end of the night i was in pain. the next morning i went to my doctor and took some x-rays. And Chris was right i BROKE MY ARM! I was so mad and embarrassed. my doctor put me in a soft cast and told me to come back in a week and he would give me a hard cast then. there is a lot more to this story so it will continue another day. it really take along time to type with one hand.
Friday, February 6, 2009
It started with playing volleyball
Posted by Van Horne at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh NO!!!! I'm sorry! :( My NYC niece Addy broke her arm (she's almost 3) one night while I was babysitting her (fell out of bed) and she just got the cast off after 6 weeks. It was no fun for her or her parents, but I can't imagine being an adult and a mother and having a broken arm. Just remember it's ok to ask for help!
Thanks so much for your adorable Christmas card by the way! Don't know if I got the chance to email and say thanks, but thanks! :)
Feel better!
XOXO
Oh no! Poor thing, you took one for the team! Did you get to pick a cast color and everything?
Oh Julia, I miss you so much. When Rocia told me, I just started laughing. (How mean am I?!). I hope you heal quickly and that the cast isn't too hard on mommy/wife duties. I miss you and your funny-ness.
Post a Comment