Saturday, February 7, 2009

continuation of my broken arm

so after the doctor put the soft cast on me i was feeling somewhat better. it was hard to adjust to having one arm. a couple days later i started having really bad anxiety attacks. i'm costerphobic (sorry i don't know how to spell) and not being able to move my arm the way i wanted to made me crazy. so chris was having to calm me down a lot. i new then it would be hard for me to be in a hard cast for five weeks since i couldn't even handle a soft cast. so i had to tell my self that i can take the cast of if i wanted to, but i wasn't going to. it just made me feel alot better. then i realized that in a couple of days i would have a hard cast and i can't take that off. that made me go crazy. so chris said we would talk to the doctor to see what we could do. the next day we went to the doctors office and told him the whole thing. he said that i could leave the soft cast on he whole time if i wanted to. all i have to do is come in ever week to re-wrap the cast. i told him i could do that. i was so excited and chris was excited to. he didn't have to deal with a pysco lady for five weeks. anyways that is my crazy story. i will blog next time about what an awesome husband i have and everything he has done for me since my accident.

6 comments:

Angie Hermanson said...

Thanks for sharing your story, and also to the Miamaid/ Laurel class today.

Kollen Marchant said...

I can't believe you broke your arm. As a mom what a pain how do you get anything done and changing diapers one handed. I'm stressin just thinking about it. Good luck!

Leslie said...

I am so sorry! I hope that you are coping well with one arm. I hope Chris is helping you A LOT! :) Take Care.

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I am sooooo sorry!!! Deona told me it had happened and I have wondered how you were going to manage, so I add that I don't know how you are managing. One thing to remember is that to do only those things that are absolutly necessary. This too will pass. I love you all. Huggs & kisses to all, Grams. Oh Doug & Sorya had their baby today he looks just like Doug. Dan and Kalie are expecting, she's @ 5 weeks along. Life is exciting.

Tiffani said...

I need to talk with you because we are planning an awesome camping trip at the beach this summer and have invited all the old 9th warders, except you guys because I guess the number I have for is old. So if you either e-mail me at: tiffanimorgan@hotmail.com or call 916-543-4334 I'll give you all the details.

LaDonna and Ben said...

C'mon Julia I want to see a picture of you in your cast!! Pronto!