Thursday, December 18, 2008

If I only knew

I was so excited for Christmas time. I kept on telling Chris that "on Thanksgiving I'm putting Christmas decorations up" and I still couldn't wait. I put up the decorations three days before Thanksgiving. Once I got all the decorations up I enjoy it for probably 2 seconds and then Clara, the little sweet heart she is notice the tree and realized that she could have a lot of with the tree. She went to town grabbing the ornaments off the tree and throwing it across the room. And I, a mom trying not to get angry, nicely went to Clara and said "ho, that's mommas pretties''. Well, that didn't work and to this day she still pull the ornaments off the tree. If I only knew I would have put the tree up Christmas Eve night. I'm afraid this will be the end off me.

Do you see the area she pull ornaments off.
There's been plenty of moments when I could have taken a picture of her messing with mommas pretties but I didn't want her to think it was funny or cute and I was afraid to send the wrong message (those 1 year old's are smart little buggers).


2 comments:

B.T.B.B. said...

I promise, you'll look back and laugh. It really is sooooooo cute to the rest of us. Don't worry, they just get taller and will reach more ornaments next Christmas! Welcome to the world of Toddlers! It's official. Glad you posted these!

Angie Hermanson said...

Yes, it was that kind of Christmas in our house too. I didn't think about the ornament problem until after the tree was up. I haven't had to worry about it for the last few years. Katie quickly learned to go behind the tree if she wanted to touch the ornaments. At least it gave her some time until someone found her. Looks like Clara had a lot of fun at your expense. According to the prophet, you are going to miss this someday. I hope we survive until that day comes!