Saturday, January 26, 2008

I LOVE Blythe!


I know there are times when I complain about where I live but I finally made my peace. It only took 10 months. Here is a list of why I love Blythe.
1. Our ward here is so strong. Families are getting baptize almost every weekend. And everyone is willing to serve. That is so refreshing.
2. There is only one place to shop and that is K-Mart. I know that sounds awful but, really I save so much money its awesome. And also you stop think about material things.
3. The weather is so nice in the winter. During the day you only need a light sweater. The summer is a different story but we have a river to swim in.
4. I'm related to half of the people in Blythe. So I'm never lonely. And I have my Grandparents who live here and the are awesome.
5.We live in a really nice neighborhood. And our really good friends live a couple house down and, alot of people from our ward live in the neighborhood also. Tones of fun.
6. It just fills like home. But we don't plan on living here forever.

5 comments:

Melissa & Bryan Jensen said...

I love Blythe too! And I love you!

Raquel Ruggles said...

Sacramento loves and misses the Van Hornes! Maybe Marc and I will have to make a trip down sometime so we can see why it is so great. Love you!

Bryan Jensen said...

I can't say that I love Blythe but isn't it interesting how we can learn to love wherever we live with the right attitude. Having the gospel helps us understand better the meaning of life and to love people we wouldn't otherwise love even when they are related to us. God's creations are great and wonderful and there is some neat places in and around Blythe.

LaDonna and Ben said...

Jules, I have to echo all of your thoughts about Blythe. Though I have never lived there it has all the trademarks of a friendly small town, which I love. Besides, I was born there so of course it's cool. By the way, keep posting those delicious photos of Clara. They are eye candy. Love you!

Tiffani said...

I am glad that you are adjusting wonderfully to your new home but I was getting worried that you would want to stay there forever until I got to the end of your post because we want you guys to come back!!